Friday 12 August 2011

Restaurant Review - La Bagatelle, Edinburgh, 22a Brougham Place, EH3 9JU

This was probably the worst dining experience of my life. The restaurant looked like something from the 1970's, the decor was outdated, the seats and menus shabby. It had the atmosphere of a Grannys front lounge and the food to match.

We waited over half an hour for our first course to be served. The waitress was conspicuous by her absence and it was difficult to refill my empty glass.

My pigeon starter was dry and overcooked and my wife's seafood starter was unmemorable and her fish main course was tasteless and in parts in inedible.

I told the pleasantly mannered waitress that we didn't think the food was up to what we had hoped and I asked if the pigeon was fresh which she assured me it was. I said to her we did not wish to make a fuss nor make a complaint in case we disturbed the only other table in the restaurant.

Moments later I was confronted by a clearly angry Chef pointing at the pigeon which he was about to serve to the next table and that looked equally dry and overcooked. His manner was inexcusable, his restaurant outdated and totally out classed by his competitors which he seemed to know very little about. We will never return and spread the word to others never to go there.
Rating:  0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment